Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Irritated

It is probably apparent that over the years we have spent more than tuppence on bird food.  I have been using the company who were GW Titmuss since about 2014, they now call themselves "Little Peckers" but last week's delivery is looking like it will be the final one.

The sunflower seeds were fine, but we are currently blessed with large numbers of blue tits, great tits, young robins and many other species who love fat balls and I needed to stock up.  A box of 150 for £15.99 seemed more than reasonable - until they arrived.

As you can see the outer box was not squashed or damaged. Sadly the same cannot be said for the contents. 



Almost every packet of fat balls has one or more balls which are completely disintegrated and it is therefore not possible to use them in the suet feeder.



I'm posting this here because I am thoroughly irritated - so far three emails to customer services since 19th July have recieved nothing more than an automated reply.  Perhaps the one-star review I left on TrustPilot this morning might get their attention.

Other food suppliers are available ...



10 comments:

  1. I hate poor customer service and you have every right to complain. I hope you can find a decent supplier soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, I have no problem with something being faulty - it's how the supplier responds which makes the difference between good and bad. As they ask me after each order to give them a review on TrustPilot, this time I thought I would do as I was asked!

      Delete
  2. I hate to say this but our local garden centre sells bags of fat balls at £3.99 for 50. You so right writing a public review,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent value Sue, unfortunately our local garden centre is not so reasonable, hence the online order.

      Delete
  3. Must admit to not buying much on line, but those balls are really bad. We don't have fat balls for the birds here, only bags of different seeds, which we feed to our birds and use about a large pack every 2 weeks. I'm sure you have a right to complain. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Susan, complaint or not the company still haven't bothered to respond. Stuff 'em; a neighbour also puts out feed as regularly as us and this morning he dropped off the details of the company he gets it from www.thecornmill.com.
      A tad more expensive but not so much as to worry about, so guess who's getting our business in future?

      Delete
  4. Looking at that picture I can understand why you're irritated, I would be too, although if the box wasn't damaged in any way it may not be their fault that the contents are? Just a thought...

    I know it's probably stating the obvious but have you tried ringing them? A phone call would probably be answered faster than an email. I hope you manage to (eventually) get a satisfactory outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice, hope you got my email :)

      I will fix the fat balls problem and buy a couple of pounds of cooking lard, melt it, and add all the broken bits and make our own ones, so nothing will go to waste.

      Delete
  5. I'm fighting our local car dealership, my lease is ending and we are paying the balance and keeping the car. A very pushy salesman is bombarding me so spoke to top sales executive this morning, I think the calls and emails should stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlene, hope you get your problems sorted.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}